Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 5: A day of leaps into the lagoon...

This morning, Andrew excitedly tells me at breakfast that we need to book the private sunset cruise. He says it was something he wanted us to do (after I mentioned it the night before and we spent an hour or so with concierge to find someone that wasn’t booked…she found 1 person available). Therefore, we contemplated and I wasn’t sure if Andrew was up for it anyhow, so I said we don’t have to do it…it’s just something I wanted us to do together…alone (I’m usually not the romantic one). After breakfast, I told him maybe we shouldn’t go there. I was afraid I’d be disappointed if the last guy was booked (which I sure he would be)! Sure enough, we find out…it’s too late. He needed to know last night so he could get the boat ready for the cruise, so he already booked a private day tour around the island. Needless to say, my morning was a little emotional…Andrew all excited about it, our last night in Bora Bora, and not having the romantic sunset cruise. So I walked away disappointed but, did pray in the midst of our decision…it felt like God was allowing the situation in a weird way. Everyone was booked so that’s when I prayed to say, “God, please take control. I’m not sure what is going on, but this is in your hands.” I wasn’t only disappointed, but in a way, relieved that God took care of the situation.

As I was recovering from a tiny emotional morning, I laid out on the deck while Andrew took forever to rent out snorkel gear. Had my quiet conversation with the Father and felt VERY thankful to even have the opportunity to be where I am…on a deck off the villa in the middle of Bora Bora! Andrew returned and I mentioned that there’s a reason we couldn’t get the cruise…at the time it was overcast skies and I thought, there may not even be a sunset tonight. Nevertheless, the two of us (as usual) make the most of every minute! We had almost an entire 2 days left and just wanted to do absolutely nothing but enjoy the beauty, each other, and our time at our villa. We giggled like kids, took many pictures leaping off our deck, Andrew doing a MAJOR belly flopper while the camera was on timer to shoot us together under our villa (via the glass floor in our living room, kayaking, hanging at the pool, and seeing Andrew read (a book without pictures)!!

Later in the evening, we had a nice dinner one last time at the Sands Restaurant (somewhat on the beach) and decided what the heck, we’re ordering drinks tonight! Cokes are at least $4-5 and cocktails at least $20…who cares, right?! Plus, we stayed under our budget and were celebrating the good times we had without splurging! By the way, I got my answers…we saved about $300 of disappointment…there was not a clear sunset that night!

Earlier in the day, Andrew mentioned something about jumping into the ocean bare-booty and all (aka skinny dipping)! I thought he was joking…well he was in a way. Needless to say, I said after dinner, “oh by the way, we have to skinny dip in Bora Bora!” And, so we did! We didn’t care if anyone saw. Plus, it was dark (but not so much by our villas with all the lights under them). Again, like kids…we walked out with our robes and stood on the deck anticipating the exhilarating jump! Andrew laughed and said, “we’re seriously doing this?!” Of course…we’re on our honeymoon and it’s our last night!!! We counted 1..2..3..threw off our robes, and leaped out on adrenaline rush (without testing the waters)! The lagoon arena was filled with our laughter and we yelled out, “this is so much fun!” Oh how fun it is to be a rebel sometimes ;-)

As we got out…we had to wait to see if people were walking on the docks because the ladder is pretty much lit up, plus you can clearly see our balcony from the other side. We quickly grabbed our robes and giggled back inside and jumped into our warm bubble bath with a glass of wine to end the night…viewing the waters and the mountain! We never had such a peaceful sleep! 


Here is a preview of our many (many leaps)! For more pictures of day 5...click here.






Our 1st leap...not bad on the timer!

Probably my best toe-touch since HS cheerleading ;-)
This is where I waited for Andrew to join me...but he did a major belly-flopper and didn't make it under 10sec!

The continuous shutter capture leaps in action!!! So cool!


Our last date night...and recognize the clothes? From our wedding night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment