Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 4: A day of relaxing!

In the morning we went to town (aka downtown Vaitaipe). Along the way, we had a humorous bus driver. And, we learn something new about Bora Bora each day…population of 8,000 with 5 cops. In other words…VERY low crime rates. In fact, the tour guide said he doesn’t need a gun…just use coconuts! I felt more threatened by the wild dogs (after I heard about the attack on one of the tourists)! In town, we checked out more Tahitian pearls…beautiful but expensive!! I just wanted a simple pearl on a short chain and that was just $600!! Yikes!! I’d rather take a sunset cruise (something we discovered and wanted to do but it was booked!). We only had 1.5 hours between transfers or otherwise, we could stay a few hours. Although, the town was quite small, I felt kind of rushed.

Andrew said he is learning more about me in after our nearly 2 years of marriage! I’m more into spending the $$ on experience, adventures…things that create memories and he’s more into spending quality time learning about top of the line jewelry for me. Kind of what happens when we shop…I look at shoes and he looks at jewelry…for his wife. So I do get a little impatient or short attention span when it comes to standing around talking about jewelry.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing and playing with the sting rays right on the beach of our resort. We tried out the kayak, the infinity pool, had some lunch, and I get my knee suckered by one of the sting rays! That was a little scary, so I left the rest of the sting ray feeding to Andrew ;-)

As our honeymoon shortens, I get a little more nervous or anxious wondering if we got everything in. We have learned a lot on this trip to tell others. The reviews will come later, but I keep telling Andrew that this has been the best trip by far in life no matter if we get everything in or not. I don’t want to spend any more money, so we decided to spend our last couple days doing nothing! Maybe renting kayaks and snorkels again.  We have planned to spend time at the spa with a massage on our last day so we can be relaxed and sleep well on the plane ride home (another overnight flight – yuck!). The plus side though, is that Andrew hasn’t once been on the computer/internet until today (we purchased a 1 hour to research prices on Tahitian pearls) and he says he’s getting some good sleep! I say it’s from not being on the computer at night ;-) He also claims he just added a few months to his life and I believe him. It’s so relaxing here, we don’t know what day of the week it is nor do we know what time it is most of the day. In addition, we go to bed early and get up early…so we’re getting some quality rest! Just what our bodies needed after a hair-pulling, stressful 2 months prior to this honeymoon! 

NOTE: More day 4 pictures...click here.



At one of the high-end pearl shops, Tahia Collins, trying on the $40k necklace!!! And, no...I didn't even ask for it!!






We kind of got addicted to Sparkling water.


Andrew just wanted to try the raw oysters...he said it tasted like he ran his tongue on the bottom of the ocean floor!!



As I was about to take a bite into dessert...one of the dancers grabbed me to join them on stage - yikes!!

Andrew took a bathroom break during dinner and was amazed...there are no walls behind the mirrors!

The view we see nightly on the way back to our villa.


Andrew feeds the sting rays and one sucks my knee!!


No comments:

Post a Comment