Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 2: I can't believe I'm living my dream honeymoon!!!

Our first morning getting up in Bora Bora, is immaculate! Nothing in the world can describe or compare to the beauty of this place!! Andrew and I are repeating, “we don’t belong here!” We literally feel like celebrities. Today we learned St. Regis in Bora Bora is the most expensive hotel on the island (obviously, a place for the stars – including the sweet Carrie Underwood (Mrs. Fisher) and many others. By the way, a family friend let me know Carrie is on the island taking her honeymoon! Well, I was on my honeymoon as well and didn’t feel like spending time look for her. However, according to TripAdvisor, our hotel, Intercontinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, is ranked #2 best hotel. Once I found that out and read all the reviews plus view the pictures, I was determined to convince Andrew to stay here once I convinced him to choose Tahiti for our honeymoon :)

 Highlights:
-     Shark/Sting ray feeding – a MUST when visiting Bora Bora! It was unreal and totally worth every minute/dollar! The sharks will swim right in front of you and the sting rays would just swim up on your belly…they just love on you!!!

-          Andrew rescues our snorkel (way down under) while swimming with the sharks. And the sting rays…just wouldn’t get off of him…he had the fish in his hand :)

-          While swimming with the Sharks…Mr. & Mrs. Mike Fisher, pull up close by in their private boat and they waved at us!! Seriously!! This time Andrew recognized the celeb and I had to do a double take!! They were just so close!!! As we were pulling away, we tried to tell all the other foreign couples and tour guide who she was…”huh” was the expression on their faces! Oh never mind!

-          Snorkeling & sight-seeing – Andrew snorkels off our bungalow and forgot he couldn’t breathe underwater like the fish and sting rays!

-          Hearing a loud “thud” – apparently Andrew didn’t know we closed our sliding door to the patio!

-          Meeting other couples from USA and hearing their stories – another couple saw John Krasinski (Jim from the Office) and Emily Blunt, one saw the writer of the movie Avatar! Another couple talked about other couples they ran into – one attacked by a wild dog and the other had trouble with their agency (trip wasn’t paid for!!). Oh we couldn’t imagine!!

-          Finding other couples using Costco Travel!!

-          The first 2 days, I’m trying so hard to roll my r’s in order to say “hello” in French (which is Lo arona)…Andrew had to make me stop!

-          Polynesian fire show – pretty cool!! The bummer – we traveled across the waters to get to our sister hotel to eat and found out their buffet is not on our meal plan. Settled for some bar food – a hamburger & Panini…not all that great.

-      Leaning over to tell Andrew, “I can’t believe I’m on my dream honeymoon!” And he replies, “I can’t believe I’m on your dream honeymoon!”

NOTE: More Day 2 pictures...click here.



Yup...these are sharks and yes...we swam with them ;-)


My hero...rescuing our snorkel and barely making it back up for air!!




The rays were so loveable!
Lunch on a private island.

Happy Hour at Bubbles Bar listening to some Jack Johnson!



No comments:

Post a Comment