Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 3: The best of both worlds!!

0n this day we began with relaxation on our back patio (which is in the middle of the lagoon!). In the afternoon was our Scuba Dive excursion with Bathy’s Dive Center! When Andrew mentioned scuba diving back in LA, I was thinking this is the only thing I may not be adventurous about. I’m claustrophobic. There was NO way I was going for this one! However, we made a deal…Andrew said he’d sky-dive in Santa Barbara with me if I scuba dive with him. I’ve been wanting to sky-dive for quite some time :-) Once we researched the rates on sky-diving in Cali…it was a bit out of our price range especially while we were getting ready to splurge on our honeymoon. So we saved the dollars for our Bora Bora excursions.

This day, I couldn’t have been more excited! We wanted to do things in Bora Bora that are highly rated or even top things to do in the area. Scuba diving was the one thing that people talked highly of!! The helicopter ride was another one but it wasn’t open again until August due to maintenance problems.

There wasn’t a practice jump or pool training…just literally leap into the water at 6 meters (18ft deep)! We were totally ready although we were a bit anxious! Bathy’s Dive Center got great reviews on trip advisor along with Bora Diving Center. Bathy's could not have done a better job with beginner divers! We received specific instructions and it seemed so simple. Plus, our guide…was with each of us (there were 2 couples) every step of the way. It only took a couple minutes to get adjusted and we gradually edged to the bottom by rope and popped our ears a couple times (advised in the instructions).

Once we got to the bottom and our guide began leading the way…it was a BEAUTIFUL world down under!! The fish were literally swimming all around and she even showed us the marine life (including the dangerous rock fish!!). The fish were so close, Andrew kept trying to catch them! I was the last one down and the first thing Andrew did was grabbed and hugged me even though it was barely a hug with the tanks and vest strapped around us!  We spent 30 minutes down under with no problems. However, at one point, I thought my oxygen was leaking via the emergency mouthpiece. The guide assured me I was okay and I was off wondering around again :) I did inhale a mouth-full of salt water at one point and Andrew lost his mouthpiece by accident but gained control again.  Later we learned that was part of certification…so he’s a step ahead!

Scuba diving was an incredible experience. In fact, the best one by far in my life! It was a whole new world and we felt so privileged to have experienced the best of both worlds in Bora Bora!! In fact, Andrew thinks God takes His vacations here…he was serious!

NOTE: For more pictures of Bora Bora Day 3...click here!



Yup...that's me..waaay out there :-)



Please don't remind me how dorky I look in goggles!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment